Nursing Diagnosis: Constipation / Diarrhea related to a reduction in dietary inputs, changes in digestion, the side effects of oral therapy.
- frequency change
- characteristics and the amount of feces
- nausea / vomiting
- sudden abdominal pain
- impaired bowel sounds.
Expected outcomes are:
- normal bowel function
- behavioral changes necessary to live as the cause.
- Observation of color, consistency, frequency, amount.
- Auscultation of bowel sounds
- Supervise the input / output
- Encourage input 2500-3000 ml
- Consult with a nutritionist: high-fiber diet
- Give an enema as indicated
- Give anti-diarrheal medications as indicated.